May 28, 2012

The Electronic Grim Reaper Strikes


Remember my external hard drive? *Refresher blog post here*

So, yesterday I plugged it in for routine backing-upping but like the last time, it acted all funny and finally it became unreadable and what I got was this:



Luckily I anticipated it's demise and I had copied all my most important files (which are actually just photos and recent movies which are no longer available thanks to the Amblublemerihujacan government shutting down every major file sharing website) so I'm not heartbroken. Besides, I have another back up copy of everything on the home PC, and my main stash of files on my laptop. You cant be too prepared in the world of computers.

So then with some wrestling around I managed to reformat it and as I type I'm checking for any problems.

See?

No comments:

Post a Comment