November 16, 2012

Shorts

Shorts.


The fundamental clothing item for men around the world, other than the shirt and undies. There's all kinds of shorts.





Plaid shorts





Floral shorts




Running shorts




Short shorts


Today, I went clothes shopping at Sunway Pyramid. *grrr* I bought shirts. Nice shirts. One from HEAD and another from Admiral. Big discounts too. I would've gone for Mizuno if the discounts were just as generous. But anyway, I couldnt find any nice shorts. Strange, the whole of Sunway Pyramid and not one pair of shorts? How could it be? What magical shorts is it that I seek but cannot be found?

 So I went on the internet....

and I've discovered something, lacking about myself. I seem to be lacking....  

a sense of fashion.







The thing is, I somehow do not have the liking for casual styles of shorts, such as this:



despite this being the kind of shorts most young guys (read: my age group) wear about, I find them... too flat, and plain. Even those with some design or pattern on them... dont appeal to me. I dont recall wearing such shorts but from the looks of the cutting I dont think I'd be comfortable in them. 


So what is it that I wear?


Behold......




Cargo shorts!!!! *horror screams*



The world of fashion seems to hate these, evil, diabolical, abominations of thread and fabric. 

Too baggy.
No shape.
External pockets.
Ruining the guy's body shape
Makes guys look short/stumpy dumpy humpty derpy
Just plain Ugly
 The hate doesnt seem to stop!


But for me:

Comfy. Okay, they are loose fitting but I just like the sense of space around my legs. I'm not asking to wear bells for shorts but, yeah.

I like the pockets.  I dont like dumping everything into one pocket like a blender container. I like my items separated.

No weird funky hip urbany designs and patterns. I just dont like those. The colours of cargo pants just seem to... be my liking. I cant find a word to describe it but thats how it is.

What is a young man to do, when the shorts he likes is hated/found distasteful by pretty much the world, and the shorts he doesnt like is what pretty much all the guys are wearing?


Obviously since we're on the context of shorts, long pants are irrelevant here. I mean yeah long pants is not a fashion problem but on most days, I'm lazy to dress up that nicely. Not to mention I already wear long pants to college 5 days a week.




No comments:

Post a Comment