November 29, 2012

Road to recovery

After several days of intense internet surfing, I finally managed to find not just a door, but an entire donor car after my accident last week. Better still, the seller also lives in Subang so it was pretty easy to check out the car.

So me and my dad went to see the donor car last Monday. Exact same model, almost everything was in good condition except: 

The bonnet that was badly dented by a tree branch, the dashboard which has ruptured after too long under the sun, leaking brake pipe and worn out spark plug cables (read, exposure to high voltage!). And lots of rust. Okay, it sounds like a lot of faults, but for RM600 and the much needed door plus instant spare parts, I cant complain. 


So the deal was made there and then, and the seller offered to deliver the car to my dad's workshop.


Here it is, waiting for transplant.





 And here's the damage











So then my dad's workers started.... working on both cars, and as it should be, the donor door is a perfect fit!




 Well, it needs some strength to close it properly but I think that can be taken care of.




Post-surgery.




And so, hopefully by some time next week, the door should be repainted and this old Datsun is ready to roll once again (and keeps rolling for a long, long time)!

No comments:

Post a Comment