February 14, 2010

Blerh...............

I've always looked forward to Chinese New Year... mainly because I get to visit my relatives and have fun with mahjong and drinking to be merry and collecting ang paus... Y'know, all the CNY things that you get to do only once a year....

But this year everything's totally ****ed up.... Spending the first 2 days (which are also sort of like the biggest days of CNY) doing nothing at home, when by right I should be with my cousins and uncles and aunts shuffling the mahjong tiles. And usually, we would have a grand reunion dinner, as one big extended family. This year we just sit at home, me mum dad and bro eating stuff I already eat on a regular basis. Damn quiet too. Not the usual laughter and cheery atmosphere in restaurants... When I wake up on CNY morning, I'll be wishing all relatives Kung Hei Fatt Choi. This year, just mum and dad. Spent the afternoon lazing in bed... Ugh. Past years, we enjoyed the entire week (or maybe 2-3-4 days) together (or at least with some of my relatives, not all). This year? Visit them on tuesday, then go back wednesday. What the ****???? Why so short????

Everything from a family perspective on this year's CNY is just wrong.... What has mum been thinking... Only consolation is the fireworks.

1 comment:

  1. I have exactly the opposite opinion abt this years CNY. Go read my blog if u want to. =P

    ReplyDelete