September 5, 2009

Aiyo....

I've been long itching to voice out how annoyed I am about how some smart students have such a strong tendency to forecast their doom in any exam or tests. I mean like, records already show that they are such high scoring students, and yet they keep saying things like:

Aiyo, I die liao....
Aiyo, very bad la.....

Aiyo, everything sure wrong la....
Aiyo, I sure fail wor....
Aiyo, I sure lose a  lot of marks eh....
Aiyo, I did this and that wrong lor....

Come on lah, you ALWAYS come out as among the highest scorers in class/form and yet you say such demoralising things? But what irks me most is that they just say it blatantly in front of people regardless of who they say it to. Perhaps they have too high expectations for themselves, but dont they realise that other students (especially those who arent as smart, me primarily) can feel terrible, even worse than them after hearing those kinds of things. I know when I've done well, okay, or not good. And every time I know for sure I havent done well, and I hear these clever ones say negative things, I just feel like kicking them until they fly to China. Dont they consider how the less-smarter people will feel, when they have already done exceptionally well and still say "very bad larrhhxxx....". Ugh.

Like the time when I got 66 for Add Maths (I thought that was rather okay), a friend of mine got 78%, and she so pessimistically says "No, this is just terrible...."  *gawks*

And when comparing tallied marks, I got 800 something,  when I asked a friend for her total marks, she says "its very low lar......", only to find out that 900++ out of 1100 is considered "very low" GEEZ

And many times too often, smart ones will say negative things about how was the exam, predicting all sorts of pathetic outcomes, only to have them score 80-90-95, while I only manage 70s-80s. GEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's this? some sort of psychology game they want to play, make their competition distracted by negative thoughts, just so they can show their excellence?  >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment