April 2, 2009

ACS Badminton Championships 2009

Yeah, take a look at the scores below, you can see my progress through the championship up till the quarterfinals where we got knocked out:

Round 1 - 21-10, 21-13

Round 2 - 21-13, 19-21, 21-14

Quarterfinals - 22-24, 7-21


I am pleased at least, that I achieved my personal goal of reaching the quarterfinals of any badminton tournament. But, arghhhhhhhhhh, I was really bitterly disappointed with my partner to be honest. We clawed our way back to lead 20-18, but my partner wasted many points and let the opponents come back to win the first set. I felt that I was playing the best game of my life then, I was stretching and lunging and attacking like I never have before, rescuing points I never imagined possible, but I just can't help but see all my hard work come undone by novice errors from my partner. Come the second set, we were confident we could still take the fight to them, but my partner fumbled up even more, and the opponents targeted him throughout, right until the last point.

Well, there is the final chance next year, and hopefully we can go three steps further than we did this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment