November 28, 2015

Staying overnight in the office

It started out as a joke when rain is pouring and the roads are clogged with cars and water; leaving office so late and commutes so long, by the time you'd reach home its already time to sleep.

My half-argument-half-joke made some good sense:

We have nice bathrooms with water sprayer-thingys.
Couches in the resting area with aircond.
WiFi access.
Nearby food shops and a Giant supermarket.

I really could live in my office if I wished. Thats how simple I really am.


My commutes this whole week kinda helped me to turn my joke into a real action, no thanks to all the evening torrential rains.  Sick and tired or spending AT LEAST one and a half hours EACH DAY in my car, yesterday I packed up my bath towel, toiletries and a change of clothes - all I needed to make it through the night.

After cleaning up my office work and chilling for a while, I headed over to Giant for some grocery shopping. After dinner and reaching back to office at about 9-ish, I took my "shower" in one of the cubicles which had the water sprayer thingys.

I'm not sure how to justify installing heaters in the toilets.

Washing up all done, I headed upstairs to the staff resting room, aircond on, draped my towel over one sofa and plopped onto another.

The next thing I knew my alarm was ringing.

Before anyone came into office I washed up again, swapped into my office wear, and kept all my stuff back in the car.

Ingenious, yet insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment